DocSpace 188.8.131.5203 includes new features and bug fixes.
The following software is required for DocSpace.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 or Microsoft Windows® 10
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6 (If it is not detected, it is installed automatically.)
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019 x64
DocSpace updates the Runtime files during installation.
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
The minimum hardware requirements for DocSpace are:
- 4 GB of RAM
- 1 GB of hard disk space (for application)
- Extra disk space for the output files after processing
Input/Output Connector Requirements
Input and output connectors require an existing account and familiarity using the programs associated with the connectors. You must have an account for the connector type prior to accessing it in DocSpace; do not select a connector type unless you already have an account for that connector.
For example, to use the SharePoint Online connectors, you need a SharePoint Online account, and must know the SharePoint account settings, such as the URL, relative path to your files, account user names and passwords. You should also be familiar with using SharePoint (or the other programs associated with the connectors) before configuring them as your connector.
- The Basic Tasks user interface was updated for easier navigation. Instead of clicking through drop-down menus, Basic Task now has descriptive icons for each task, and each icon has a number in the right-hand corner representing the number of sub-actions available. For example, the Compare action has a number 2, which means there are two sub-actions available, Compare PDF Images and Compare PDF Text. Click an action, and then click the sub-action you want to perform.
- You can save an action as a favorite. Just click the heart in the action icon.
- Additionally, there is a new History section at the bottom of the Basic Tasks screen to see which tasks you've used previously.
- Updated the configuration process for some connectors: The process to authorize the connector provider was simplified. The user interface was updated, and It is now easier to authorize the Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive connectors.
- The following actions were added to this release:
- In Convert, the PDF→HTML action: This action converts PDF files to HTML documents.
- In Document Properties, the Attach Files to PDF action: This action attaches selected files to PDF documents. You can embed PDF files, Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, or images inside PDF files.
- In Secure, there are two new actions, Sign PDF and Secure PDF:
- Sign PDF: You can add a digital signature to multiple PDF files that are not digitally signed.
- Unlock PDF: You can remove password-protection to process secured PDF files.
- Global Settings has a new Notification tab: There is a new configurable setting that alerts you when the DocSpace consumption level is running high. See the new tab in Global Settings to enable the setting. When the threshold limit is exceeded, DocSpace sends you an email to alert you that consumption tokens are reaching the threshold limits.
The following bugs were resolved since the last release.
PDFToTiff fails with exception.
|21393||Azure File Service originals profile not loading.|
|21406||Dashboard Japanese Help and other translation not completed.|
Download the DocSpace installer.
DocSpace Community Forum
Visit the DocSpace Community Forum for product information, troubleshooting tips, general discussions, or feature requests.
Documentation is available for the DocSpace User Guide.
DocSpace Tutorial Videos
For more information on using DocSpace, refer to the DocSpace Tutorial videos.