DocSpace 18.104.22.16887 includes new features.
The following software is required for DocSpace.
- Windows Server® 2012 R2, 2016, 2019 or Microsoft Windows® 10
- Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.6 (If it is not detected, it is installed automatically.)
- Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, or Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019 x64
DocSpace updates the Runtime files during installation.
Note: If installing an ActivePDF product on a Windows 2012 R2 server for the first time, you must download and install two Microsoft updates for Windows 2012 R2 servers. The updates resolve issues with Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Runtime Components. For links and step-by-step instructions, see the ActivePDF Knowledge Base article Installing Products on Windows 2012 R2 Servers.
The minimum hardware requirements for DocSpace are:
- 4 GB of RAM
- 1 GB of hard disk space (for application)
- Extra disk space for the output files after processing
Input/Output Connector Requirements
Input and output connectors require an existing account and familiarity using the programs associated with the connectors. You must have an account for the connector type prior to accessing it in DocSpace; do not select a connector type unless you already have an account for that connector.
For example, to use the SharePoint Online connectors, you need a SharePoint Online account, and must know the SharePoint account settings, such as the URL, relative path to your files, account user names and passwords. You should also be familiar with using SharePoint (or the other programs associated with the connectors) before configuring them as your connector.
- File Explorer right-click integration: Users can now right-click on a document from the File Explorer, then select an action to process.
- Preview window: Some actions now include a preview window with the default profile. The preview window displays the actual output for the following actions:
- Append PDF Pages
- Prepend Pages
- Replace By Page
- Rotate PDF Pages
- Stitch PDF Pages
- Redact Form Fields
- Redact Images
- Redact Text
- Bates Number PDF
- Stamp PDF with Images
- Stamp PDF with Text
- New Actions: DocSpace 5.2.0 introduces new actions in the following categories:
- Accessibility: Accessibility has a new action for Remove Tags, which removes all tags from PDF files.
- Annotate: Annotate has a new action, Remove Annotations, which removes annotations in PDF files. The default is to remove all annotations, but can be set to only remove specific types of annotations.
- Bookmarks: A new Delete Bookmarks action is available.
- Pages: The Merge action has new global settings and a new default profile.
- Validate: The Validate PDF action validates that PDF files to meet PDF, PDF/A, and PDF/UA formats standards. The action creates an output XML file containing the validation results.
- Bates numbering (for DocSpace Desktop version only): You can now add Bates numbering to multiple PDF files. Each page of each document is stamped with a unique Bates number indicating its relationship to the other Bates-numbered documents. The numbering is based on the order of the input PDF files.
For example, if you select and stamp four PDFs, DocSpace takes the first PDF and adds an 001 to the header of the first page, and continues that numbering to the end of that document. After stamping the first document, DocSpace continues the number sequence on the next input PDF, then the next, until all the input PDFs you selected are stamped in order.
To add the Bates numbering, go to the Stamp category and select Bates Number PDF.
Download the DocSpace installer.
DocSpace Community Forum
Visit the DocSpace Community Forum for product information, troubleshooting tips, general discussions, or feature requests.
Documentation is available for the DocSpace User Guide.
DocSpace Tutorial Videos
For more information on using DocSpace, refer to the DocSpace Tutorial videos.